Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Give Praise

       





 Hallelujah   

To praise ~ to throw the voice

To utter a loud sound

To exclaim...to exult...to sing...to rejoice

{To praise or WORSHIP God}

PRAISE

Thanksgiving to God.

(Webster's 1828)


Hallelujah ! Hallelujah!
To The One who is Holy.
You're worthy;
King of all Kings~
[ by Tamara]


Why do I honor God with my praise and worship?

Because I love Him. His word tells me to. The gratitude in my heart just overflows and I can't help myself. He is merciful, just, kind, and faithful. His compassion does not fail and He has written my name on the palm of His hand. The joy that His love and faithfulness brings overwhelms me.

He inhabits the praises of His people; When I praise Him, He is here.

While Paul and Silas were shackled, they sang praises. The chains were broken and they were free.

There is LIBERTY in praise.
 
Bondages are broken.
 
{Spiritual}

{Emotional}

{Physical}



 But what happens when I feel let down?

 Suppose God seems silent and far away.

Maybe I am angry.



Then what do I do? Is my devotion to Him based on feelings? 

At this point....  

My love for God overflows and changes into reverance.

He is not just my Master, He is the Master.  The Creator of the universe who knows all and sees all and is THE all in all.

How can I not offer Him everything that I am? My entire being.

{He is worthy of so much more than I can give.... of everything..}

Psalm 100
Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who made us and not we oursleves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting.
And His truth endures to all generations.


Praise  the name of Jesus forever and ever.
Amen

No comments: