Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Where Does Your Hope Lie?

In the deepest, darkest, most troubling hour of our need we can know that there is hope and there are solid answers to our questions. We need not despair because there is a refreshing coming if we look to God.



Hope is the confidence in a future event; the highest degree of well founded expectation of good. ( Webster's 1828)

As we look to our future, it involves thoughts that are either negative or positive. If we consider the faithfulness of God and His word, we know that we have hope to believe for Him to work circumstances for our good.

Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that who are the called according to his purpose.

Very recently I experienced yet another difficult circumstance in my life. As the situation unfolded and intensified, I found myself in a place where I was very unsure of myself and what my life was about. I was most assuredly floundering. So many things didn't make sense and I wondered what God was doing and what the truth was in my situation.

Have you ever experienced a time in your life when you know where the answers are but you are just not sure how long it's going to take to get to them or how long you will be able to endure the pain?

I believe that each and every one of us has been in this position at least once. God understands when we are there and He tells us to focus on Him and the truth of His word because that is where our hope is.

His word tells us that we cannot put our trust in man and be spared disappointment and sometimes even serious consequences or worse.

Hebrews 13:8 tells us that He is the same yesterday, today and forever and His word tells us in Hebrews 13 :5. that He will NEVER leave you or forsake you.

It took me a month of renewing my mind in the truth of His word and trusting Him to bring wisdom and clarity before I was able to begin to rest in His care once again.

He did this for me and He will do it for you as well as you seek Him and ask Him. God is no respecter of persons.

God Bless You,

Tamara

No comments: